You can defend yourself from discrimination by:
- complaining to a relevant superior or managing individual:
- in case a discrimination took place within employment, you can complain to your superior or to your employer;
- in case a discrimination took place in an educational institution, you can complain to a directorate and/or to its founder;
- appealing to an administrative body:
- complaining to a relevant court, based on the Antidiscrimination Act – you may claim for:
- elimination of discrimination;
- an apology;
- financial compensation.
In case of discrimination, you may approach the Slovak National Center for Human Rights, which:
- provides legal advice, free of charge;
- conducts independent research in cases of discrimination;
- issues expert opinions.
Find out more about how to defend against discrimination in our manual Let´s Say No to Discrimination (in Slovak only).