In our work, we have been devoted for years to eliminate police violence, and we seek to achieve that all aggrieved persons may claim justice. For many years, our main attention has been focused on police violence/ with racial motives, which in our country mostly affects the Roma minority.
In this field:
- we conduct monitoring and research;
- we provide legal advice, free of charge;
- we provide, in specific cases, legal representation free of charge in court proceedings and other legal procedures with regard to their boarder social impact, so-called ‘strategic litigation’;
- we carry out educational and publishing activities;
- we advocate for systemic changes on political level;
- we provide information to international human rights organizations about cases of police violence in Slovakia.