The fundamental sexual and reproductive rights of women mainly include:
- the right to family planning;
- the right to health care and health protection during a pregnancy and during delivery;
- the right to be free from violence against women and the right to be free from sexual harassment;
- the right to access education and correct information related to sexual and reproductive health.
In our work, we have been devoted mainly to an issue of sterilization without informed consent, to a segregation of Roma women in Obstetrics/Gynecology wards in hospitals and other violations of their rights in access to healthcare.
In cases of violation of sexual and reproductive rights, we can:
- we documented a longtime practice of forced and coerced sterilization of Roma women without their consent or informed consent in Slovakia;
- we achieved, on behalf of aggrieved Roma women, distinguished court decisions;
- we achieved a positive amendment of the health care legislation.